LFA is excited to host Nashville’s first Calisthenics Games on November 5. Contestants will compete in 3 different categories: P-Bars, Straight Bar, and Hand Balance. Mike Marchese from Up Your Fitness and Terry Barga of LFA will be judging the event which will give out cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Spectators welcome! Here are the details to wet your whistle:
What: Calisthenics Games with Mike Marchese of UpYourFitness as guest judge
When: Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 12:00pm
Where: workout park near Ascend Amphitheater
Cost: $40 for a single entry, $60 for a buddy pass (you plus a friend can split the cost for $30 each)
Why: A whole lotta fun and cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners. Spectators welcome!
To RSVP you can sign up online through our Mindbody site (under the enrollments tab) or feel free to contact us to sign up or with any questions.
1. The Calisthenics Games will consist of two (2) sixty second rounds. These rounds will be
known as “The Preliminaries” and “The Finals.”
2. Each competitor will pick one (1) of the following three categories to compete in.
◦ Straight Bar
◦ Hand Balance.
3. The top ten (10) competitors will advance to the The Finals round per Preliminary round
4. Finalist competitors may change their category of competition for the final round if they desire
to do so.
5. The top three competitors will be awarded prize money. In the event of a tie in the final round,
the tied competitors will go head to head in a tie breaker round.
• Competitor 1 = 28pts
• Competitor 2 = 24pts
• Competitor 3 = 24pts
*Competitors 2 & 3 will compete for second and third place.
6. Tie breaker round will consist of one (1) sixty second round that will be judged the same way as
previous rounds. Competitors may change their category of competition if they choose to do so.
7. In the event of a tie in the tie breaker round, the tied competitors will be named co-winners and
prize monies will be split equally.
1. Official Judges: Terry Barga, Mike Marchese, and Jessica Boehm.
2. You will be judged on three criteria: Strength, Fluidity, and Form
3. Each of the three official judges will rate your routine on a 1-10 scale in each of the three
criteria. Max score possible is 30.
1. First prize: $250.00
2. Second Prize: $100
3. Third Prize: $50