As you all know, we here at Nashville Strength Co. love ourselves an OCR (obstacle race).
They are such a great way to test your will, strength, and fortitude. We have ran our fair share of them and based on our experience, here are some reasons why we think you should love them yourself.
10. Running on dirt, grass, or in mud has way less impact and shock on the body. Less impact means less spinal compression and less injury!
9. Running on dirt, grass, or in mud will make you stronger. As you train on different surfaces, you will build supportive, stabilizing tissue in the ankle and knees that will help keep you from the same old injuries.
8. Running an OCR is so much fun with your friends! All different levels of fitness and ages are welcome as you can help each other out (typically ages 14+).
7. Nature, man–freaking nature. It’s way better than running in the city.
6. Destinations. Our next OCR is Tough Mudder in Lebanon TN, just outside of Nashville. Lebanon is beautiful country and the benefit of Music City, which we call home.
5. Obstacles in your race make your race way more interesting, challenging, and fun.
4. Testing your strength with OCR is a great diagnostic tool. I mean, what’s the point of working out all the time if you can’t do a pull-up or jump a mud hill?
3. OCR swag is way cooler than street races!
2. Tough Mudder was one of the first to races to make OCR’s popular. They know what they are doing and are one of the best out there!
1. Goals. Everyone should be training towards something and running an OCR is a great thing to train for. It will make you evenly strong and ready for whatever life throws your way.
So come run the Nashville Tough Mudder with us in September. Let’s do this!